- Where will I find the time to participate in the 23 Things and keep doing so from here on? Stephen Abrams made a good point, if we can set aside time to exercise every day, we can do the same to learn. If I take a little bit further I think I can successfully set up a routine each day where I spend 30 min. learning about Web2.0 and follow that up with 30 min. on my treadmill. This will definitely give me something interesting to think about while I walk.
- Why I'm participating in 23 Things On a Stick? It appears to be designed to help guide me through the process of learning about basic Web2.0 trends, which is what I need to start with.
- What I hope to learn? I know that I'll learn to automatically think in an Web2.0 manner. And this should be a requirement for all future Library workers.
- How has the Internet affected my use of time at home? I use the Internet as a source for entertainment and education. When I want to try a new recipe, I look it up on the internet. When I plan on purchasing a new appliance, I research it first on the internet. When I want to know more about a new movie, I look it up. I find myself being more and more curious as the years go buy, and I attribute this to the availability of the Internet.
- Where am I in my knowledge and use of Web 2.0 tools? I have a basic understanding but because I'm not a very social person, I don't find the social network sites related to Web2.0 very useful. How about my work place? Work is a very different story. I'm expected to put my personal anti-social tendencies aside and help customers/patrons with all of their social networking questions. Because of this my knowledge of Web 2.0 tools exist, even thought I don't personally use most of them.
- What am I looking forward to in 23 Things On a Stick program? I love to learn and ask questions, this program will be fun because of this. I'm curious to read my beginning thoughts after I've complete the 23 Things, I expect that my way of thinking about Web2.0 will change drastically. About a year ago I was getting very tired of Web2.0 this and that. I thought that it was a term that would die out quickly and that it was only a fad phrase. I understand this much better now and see that we are in the beginning of a change in service and Web2.0/L2 is our future.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
#2 What is Library 2.0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment