Wednesday, March 26, 2008

#5 More Fun With Flickr

I thought about difficult puzzles and remembered that I had a perfect picture that would make for a very difficult puzzle, a picture of chip board!


The sudoko mashup also looked like a lot of fun. And very educational on top of that.

I wonder what it would be like to read a kids book or a graphic novel if it was posted on Flickr, page by page. If copyright issues could be worked around, it might be a great way to get more of the reluctant readers to read.

I bet that a room full of librarians could come up with 100 ideas in less than an hour about using Flickr as a life enrichment tool, as an extension of their services out side the walls of the library.

I've seen more amazing photos on Flickr than anywhere else, it's a collection that grows and changes every moment. The amount of creativity is astounding. If a customer wants more ideas about stained glass patterns, I'll show them what others have done and posted on Flickr. I know one customer who was looking for picture of bears for a book he was writing, he needed the photos to be free, I showed him Flickr and he was estatic! He understood that not all the photos were free, but the vast majority of them are. Now that's meeting customers needs.

No comments: